JOHN M. SWAN, M.D., F.A.C.P.
In 1927, 14,254 people died of cancer in the State of New York. Of these deaths, 7,448 or 52.2 per cent occurred in the City of New York, and 6,806 or 47.8 per cent occurred in the remainder of the State. There were 4,790 cases of death from cancer of the stomach and liver, or 33.6 per cent of all the deaths from cancer. Of these deaths 2,547 occurred in New York City, or 53.1 per cent, and 2,243 occurred in the remainder of the state, 46.9 per cent. There were 2,404 deaths from cancer of the peritoneum, intestines and
JOHN M. SWAN. Some of the Difficulties in the Diagnosis of Cancer of the Internal Organs(Some of the Difficulties in the Diagnosis of Cancer of the Internal Organs*). Ann Intern Med. 1929;2:650–657. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-2-7-650
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1929;2(7):650-657.
Results provided by:
Copyright © 2017 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use