This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
Cleveland, originally a trading post at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River, has developed as the industrial center of the historic "Western Reserve." This tract of land was part of the original Connecticut charter granted in 1662 by Charles II for the whole area between the forty-first and forty-second parallels extending westward to the Pacific Ocean. In 1786 Connecticut released to the United States title to all except one area which she reserved for herself and called the Connecticut Western Reserve. This extended for 120 miles west from the Pennsylvania border, or approximately to the present city of Sandusky and
CLEVELAND: WHERE WE MEET. Ann Intern Med. ;13:1554–1566. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-13-8-1554
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1940;13(8):1554-1566.
Copyright © 2019 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use