Ronald C. Michels, MD
1. Restless child. One so young, so full of his person. Uninhibited spirit. Loving and loved. Why, Father?
2. Your servant Hannah: "I prayed for this child; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him." (I Samuel 1:27)
3. An angel. He had seen an angel in his room. That's what he told them. She believed it a guardian angel. Why, Father?
4. Now he will give his angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways. (Psalm 91:11)
5. The joyous birth. The diabetes. Then the seizures, and now, the young life.
Michels RC. Laments and Ancient Wisdom: 1 May 1981 to 26 October 1989. Ann Intern Med. 1990;112:968. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-112-12-968
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1990;112(12):968.
Copyright © 2018 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use