John G. Meharg Jr., MD
This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
To the Editors: With the recent emphasis on "the hassle factor" in Internal Medicine, I offer, with due respect to David Letterman, a list of factors that do not usually get published.
10) Write jury duty and airline refund excuse letters
9) Fill out drivers license forms
8) Certify medical necessity
7) Complete life insurance forms
6) Compose special bus transportation privileges letters
5) Support issuing handicapped license plates
4) Perform rectal exams that subspecialists do not have time for
3) Sign nursing home verbal orders and death
Meharg JG. The Hassle Factor. Ann Intern Med. 1992;117:797. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-117-9-797_2
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1992;117(9):797.
Copyright © 2018 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use