ROBIN M. BANNERMAN, D.M., M.R.C.P., F.A.C.P.
BANNERMAN RM. The Radcliffe Infirmary: Two Hundred Years. Ann Intern Med. 1970;73:1039-1040. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-73-6-1039
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1970;73(6):1039-1040.
On St. Luke's day, 18 October 1770, the Radcliffe Infirmary first opened its doors to patients. This event was commemorated at Oxford 2 months ago, on 16 to 20 October. The ceremonies began with a ball at Blenheim Palace, seat of the Dukes of Marlborough and birthplace of Winston Churchill, a magnificent and also an appropriate setting, an earlier Duke and Duchess of Marlborough having headed the Infirmary's original list of subscribers. There followed among other happenings, a choral service at the University Church of St. Mary, where Radcliffe may have worshipped and where he is buried, a performance of
Learn more about subscription options.
Register Now for a free account.
Copyright © 2016 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use
This PDF is available to Subscribers Only