How to earn MOC points for CME earned on Annals.org
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Successful completion of these CME activities, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
How it works
The American College of Physicians (ACP) and Annals of Internal Medicine have implemented a process by which you can earn both CME credits and MOC points for all CME activities delivered within Annals.org. The process is a simple one and takes only a few minutes to set up.
- Visit the CME/MOC page on Annals.org and make sure that you are logged in as an individual (either as an ACP member or as a non-member subscriber).
- Find the Earn MOC for all CME box, check the “Opt in” box, and enter your information, then click the UPDATE button.
- From this point forward, beginning in January 2017, any CME credits that you earn on Annals.org and are documented in your Annals CME/MOC Summary will be automatically submitted to ACCME for subsequent submission to ABIM for MOC points. This will occur on a weekly basis, so you should be able to confirm receipt of these MOC points in your ABIM account after a period of 2 weeks.
If you have questions or problems
A few important points to check, first:
- The information you enter must exactly match the information in your ABIM account. To confirm this information, check the ABIM website (abim.org). To make adjustments, simply change the information displayed in the “Earn MOC for all CME” box on the CME/MOC page and click the UPDATE button to save your changes.
- Note that we will submit your CME credits to ACCME for conversion to MOC points by ABIM on a weekly basis. Please allow at least 2 weeks before checking your ABIM account to confirm receipt.
- If, after 2 weeks time, you still do not see records of your activity in your ABIM account, please confirm that your information entered here at Annals.org exactly matches that provided to ABIM.
If you’ve confirmed all of the above and are still experiencing problems, please contact us for assistance.