- Permissions: Uses beyond that allowed by the "Fair Use" limitations (sections 107 and 108) of the U.S. Copyright law or applicable international law require permission of the publisher. For permissions to copy beyond that permitted by the U.S. Copyright Law or applicable international law, contact the Copyright Clearance Center (www.copyright.com). The fee code for users of the Transactional Reporting Service appears in each abstract and full-text article. For commercial reprints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login Security: Sharing login information for the services is strictly prohibited.
- Linking: The American College of Physicians encourages and permits links to annals.org for educational purposes only. The linking should not suggest that the American College of Physicians promotes or endorses any causes, ideas, web sites, products or services and no use of content from annals.org for commercial purposes is permitted or no use that in any way is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity is permitted. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
- Web Site Modifications and Availability. The American College of Physicians will make reasonable efforts to keep annals.org and its mobile applications available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, owing to technical failures, routine maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, availability may be limited and the American College of Physicians will not be responsible for the non-availability of annals.org and its mobile applications. The American College of Physicians reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, all or any part of annals.org or its mobile applications at any time.
- Offline Browsers: In order for us to provide reliable, continuous and timely access to annals.org and its mobile applications for all users, we require that you configure your offline browser to request no more than one page per minute. Be aware that non-compliance with this rule will result in your access to Annals being blocked until you contact us and resolve the problem. If you repeatedly break this rule, you will be permanently blocked from the site.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: In no event shall American College of Physicians or Silverchair be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the articles or other material derived from the Annals, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability. The Annals are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Descriptions of, or references to, products or publications does not imply endorsement of that product or publication. There is no guarantee that the information contained in the online version of the Annals is identical to the print version and neither the American College of Physicians or Silverchair has any duty to update the information contained on the online version to correct errors or otherwise.
Copyright © 2012, American College of Physicians