This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
Originally a trading post at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River, Cleveland has developed as the industrial center of the historic "Western Reserve." This tract of land was part of the original Connecticut charter granted in 1662 by Charles II for the whole area between the forty-first and forty-second parallels westward to the Pacific Ocean. In 1786 Connecticut released to the United States title to all except one area which she reserved for herself and called the Connecticut Western Reserve.
Cleveland was developed as a planned real estate venture at the time of the great western trek into the Ohio
THE STORY OF CLEVELAND: Site of the 33rd Annual Session of the American College of Physicians, April 21-25, 1952. Ann Intern Med. 1952;36:270–278. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-36-1-270
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1952;36(1):270-278.
Copyright © 2019 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use