ROBIN M. BANNERMAN, D.M., M.R.C.P., F.A.C.P.
This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
On St. Luke's day, 18 October 1770, the Radcliffe Infirmary first opened its doors to patients. This event was commemorated at Oxford 2 months ago, on 16 to 20 October. The ceremonies began with a ball at Blenheim Palace, seat of the Dukes of Marlborough and birthplace of Winston Churchill, a magnificent and also an appropriate setting, an earlier Duke and Duchess of Marlborough having headed the Infirmary's original list of subscribers. There followed among other happenings, a choral service at the University Church of St. Mary, where Radcliffe may have worshipped and where he is buried, a performance of
BANNERMAN RM. The Radcliffe Infirmary: Two Hundred Years. Ann Intern Med. ;73:1039–1040. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-73-6-1039
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1970;73(6):1039-1040.
Copyright © 2019 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use