RONALD KLUG, M.D.; RICHARD IMMERMAN, M.D.; JOSE A. GIRON, M.D.
This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
To the editor: We report an unusual case of toxic shock syndrome.
A 25-year-old man was stung on the left lower back by a bee 6 days before admission. There had been no immediate reaction but 3 days before admission a red pruritic rash had appeared around his groin and had spread to his back and trunk by the next day. The day before admission the rash had further spread to both antecubital areas, and he had had fever, shaking chills, anorexia, severe myalgias, and arthralgias. That evening he had had some neck stiffness; photophobia; and headache without dizziness, disorientation,
KLUG R, IMMERMAN R, GIRON JA. Bee Bite and the Toxic Shock Syndrome. Ann Intern Med. 1982;96:382. doi: https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-96-3-382_1
Download citation file:
Published: Ann Intern Med. 1982;96(3):382.
Copyright © 2019 American College of Physicians. All Rights Reserved.
Print ISSN: 0003-4819 | Online ISSN: 1539-3704
Conditions of Use